Four Play

As promised, the birthday photos: 


The Birthday Girl

 I seldom post pictures of other children without consent,
but as Johnny Depp seriously did not show up,
I felt justified.
After all, he sent some amazing replacements.

  
Party game time.
Bonus: there was a party host who did the shrieking and negotiating with 13 preschoolers,
while the adults stood around and guffawed politely into plastic cups of Ribena.


  She finally settled on a Castle Cake,
which was fortunately, a doddle to decorate.

I understand I was let off lightly this time.
I have been warned she has more extravagent themes in mind for her 5th.
Gulp.


A forced family shot by the staff,
I particularly like the turret placement of the cake
to maximise the birthday girl's features,
and the freakishly weird boy on the wall
who looks like he is about to attack me.

And yes.

I am brunette again.
 
  
We arrived back home from the sugar pit
and watched the child open her presents.

It boggled me to lay them all out for inspection.

It appears that the colour Pink unlocks the universal secret of joy for 4 year old girls.

I kept wincing in materialistic overload at the toy explosion each time I walked past
and tried not to visualise that picture on Pinterest of a small starving African child, with a vulture hovering in the background waiting to begin its meal.

Imagined I could put the starving orphan on the bench 
and feed the plastic to the vultures.

Not sure M3 would find that as stimulating as I would.
Anyhow 4 is done and she was as pleased as punch.

Here is her Now I Am Four list:

She is tall for her age,
loves helping herself to my makeup, 
particularly the white and lilac Clinique eyeshadow,
and still sleeps with Bubba.
She likes to eat sugar from the sugar bowl,
also a fan of (still) frozen peas,
dry cereal, warm milo and chippies.
She is a gentle soul,
and has a very unique expression when she is excited.
Her eyes literally lighten and she raises her eyebrows
and I am sucked into a vortex of pleasure each time I see her do it.
Sometimes I rachet up her enthusiasm just to see her eyes 'get it'.
She still loves clambering into our bed in the night and first thing every morning.
She hates thunder.
And being lonely.
She is one of my very best friends,
possessing some of the best ideas a girl could imagine.
She gives incredible hugs with dimpled arms,
her hair is thick, glossy and tangle free
and she lies in the crook of my arm every night while we read stories.
She loves Amelia Bedelia, Milly Molly Mandy and My Naughty Little Sister.

I watched her run about on a patch of grass today,
in her loping, head down, arm pumping kind of way
and felt drunk with the kind of love
that only children at their very best can make you taste.

It was very fun
and I can tell you with great authority,


that being four IS good.



Sarah - Red Gingham  – (September 28, 2011 at 6:41 AM)  

Adorable photos and story to go with them! Sounds like a fab day to turn four. Absolutely amazing cake!! Well done super mum! Enjoy a restful week now.

Widge  – (September 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM)  

crack up at that family shot!!!
we leave 4 at the strike of midnight tonight..
gorgeous cake

Simoney  – (October 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM)  

hehehe family photo with turret up nose = crack up.
Brunette you? Wow! So different.
I might have walked past you on the street.
Is that your natural colour? are you, in truth a brunette at heart/roots???

PS love that you wish you would replace pink plastic with african child and feed plastic to vulture.
you are wonderful.
love you.
x

Kelly Sauer  – (October 10, 2011 at 7:48 AM)  

Oh I love how you write about her! Your love spills up and over in your descriptions!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP