Mad dogs & Mondays


In the interest of being frank,
transparent and assure you that
I do not literally live in a snow-globe of
fairy dust in the tropics,
I thought I might just report a few of the
happenings of the last 24 hours.
We are a normal chaotic family.

As I type this, M3 is watching cartoons
while licking icing sugar from the lid of the shaker,
which she nicked from the kitchen.

The dog has eaten a new pair of shoes,
yet to be worn and awaiting the growth
of a little foot.
B-r-a-n-d new.


She also had a chat with her friend Lucy in NZ.


True.

We have run out of milk
and the bread has sprouted green spots.

The construction work outside our living room
is piercing, a shrieking machine and hammers going.
Sawdust coats our floors.
Soon all will be revealed. :)

M3 stomped a dinnerplate size lump of
peacock blue playdough into an oatmeal toned rug.

M1 cut her finger while opening a can.

Ants have invaded the house,
every room.
They can keep the geckos company.

Someone has tipped nail polish down the loo.
Another loo has jelly beans resting in it, and dead ants.
I know. Don't ask.

The kitchen floor is an olive oil slick.
Again, best not to ask.

-=-

I am brewing a bit of a change,
so keep an eye on this space.

In the meantime,
fall laughing into your Monday Madness.


It will get better.
In the immortal words of Strawberry Shortcake,
It's never silly to believe.
I hope you find something to giggle at today.


Sj  – (August 16, 2011 at 11:04 PM)  

I love it how you can laugh at your days (when needed), i love it how you wear converses (so cool), I love your words and the spice of life that comes through your writing. I am so glad to be your friend, I am glad that i can get great big glimpses of life for you even via this crazy internet thing that we adore. Keep writing Amy, keep being YOU, keep being able to laugh or giggle at the days.
Adoring you my precious. xx

Penny  – (August 17, 2011 at 7:54 PM)  

ants are the only living thing that I feel quite justified in killing.... they scare me with their marching lines pausing to whisper the pathway to examples of my bad housekeeping....I think they laugh at our attempts to control them thinking instead that I am only here to assist them in their world.... plus they work so hard and that is just tiring...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP