Can you see Virginia?

Are you reading this curled up comfortably?

Hot cup of coffee or earl grey in hand?

Or are you busy checking emails and FB at a desk
between appointments?

Or are you a mum planning the week's menu?
Thinking hmmm, maybe spinach and feta lasagne this week,
or lamb chops and mashed sweet potatoes
mini pizzas with chicken and brie and plum sauce
or pumpkin soup and toasted cheese,
fun pasta shapes and cheese sauce.

Working out the kid's routines?
Jazz, ballet, drama, swimming, soccer,
school interviews, playdates, birthday presents, babysitters,
making a note to return overdue dvds, library books and fix a hemline,
buy a missing school hat, send money for a zoo trip.

You booking flights? Choosing accommodation?
Buying plants for the garden?
New car seat covers?
An etsy necklace?
A pretty new handbag?

None of that is wrong by the way.

Are you wondering where on earth I am going with this?

I'm taking you to Virginia.



She lives in the Northern Philippines and two little children aged 8 & 6.
They live below the poverty line in this house.




She does not live in the bracket of society that can check FB,
pinterest or plan weekly menus,
have playdates with cupcakes and popcorn,
complain about the pile of Monday morning washing,
and make purple glittery playdoh while singing along to The Wiggles,
wave over an air steward, or try out a new lens or pair of heels.

Oh, and one more thing.

She has very advanced and terminal cancer.

There is no funded health care.
Unless she has the money,
several thousand in fact,
she cannot be treated.

I want to do more than just zone out at how common this is.
I want to be more than just overwhelmed at how hard life is for so many millions like her and feel weirdly uncomfortable with my privileged life.

I could quietly just send her some money
and maybe that is just what will transpire.

But it is my prayer that you will join me
so that we can become Real Difference Makers.

If this kind of thing is up your street
and as you are reading, your heart skips a beat and you want to touch an unexpectant but desperately needy life,
please visit this page I have made for Virginia.

I won't lie to you or expose her personal details -
here is what I know to be true.
She spends every single moment in agony on a bed
watched by a helpless community
and two little ones who in a very short space of time
are going to find themselves separated from each other
and farmed out to extended family as they learn to live without their mother.

We can't really change all that, realistically.
But we can make a difference to how it unfolds
and get her the surgery she needs to live comfortably.


Please, do me a favour?


Donate to Support Virginia on EverRibbon


She needs someone on this planet to see her.
To place value on her life
and to let her end it with dignity.

Will you see her with me?


Gail  – (August 1, 2011 at 5:38 PM)  

I see her and so many more!! Love being able to join you here and pray that many others will too! You are fabulicious.

(P.S. Mine was English Breakfast.)

Simoney  – (August 2, 2011 at 8:18 PM)  

Hey lovely, I just went to try and donate but it won't let me - keeps saying my phone number is invalid. Don't know what format it is looking for as I have tried every combo I can think of.
If you know how i should write it, email me and I will try again.
xx

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP