Double ended candles



It's been a 'burn that candle at both ends' kinda few weeks.

Blogger has been desperately annoying,
refusing to upload each post I have attempted to blog.

However, today it allowed me to post these snippets from my world.

Sun likes to come and play in our toyroom,


my origami hearts, a mother's day surprise, spin in my study window,




new (preloved) bedroom furniture that says
havenspace to me each time I walk into the room,
sits elegant, all ebony teak wood, british india white linen
and duck egg blue damask drapes.


hours have been spent at my desk working all hours to complete my assignments,


drawing, sketching, colour rendering.


And we are squarely back in duffel bag land,
as we pack for tomorrow's flight to the UK.


Adventure awaits in London, Paris and with family in the Midlands.



Soft blankies to travel and nap with (zoobies)
colouring books, stickers, friendship bracelets, snacks,
puzzles, bubbles, backpacks, gum, cameras, journals...
and that's just the kids' handluggage!

We will be away for a month
but then return to this wee angel...


...going off to the International School with her big sisters!

It's still preschool, but no longer at the local montessori round the corner,
instead will be a 30 minute bus trip,
in her dear little uniform, clutching lunch and library bags.

My baby is getting ready to become even more independent
and will be heading off 3 days a week from 7.30 to 4.

I am not sure how much I will cry.

Especially as I am still recovering from a brutal case of cluckiness after having dear friends to stay. They came from Zimbabwe and I grew up on a neighbouring farm to Leigh, and she was my maid of honour.
They bought with them this long-awaited little guy, who was a massive hit, especially with M2.

They bonded instantly.


and I blinked away tears frequently :)

We have fought off colds with apple cider and honey,


spent hours doing puppy training
and rescuing the latest victims of canine destruction


and ping - ponged from orthodontists, to enrolment appointments,
to uniform shops, to acrobatics class, to Pilates, to birthday parties, back to studies, to the doctor, to emails up the wazzoo, and just peddled madly to keep up with life.

Life.

That 50D will be close to hand on my travels so I can catch the drops as life shakes past,
but right now,
I'm back to burning that candle :)

Sj  – (June 15, 2011 at 10:30 PM)  

what a treat to find your post here now. so glad you got the upload before you leave. have a precious time my friend. loving that 50D and it's capabiities to speak for us showing us the amazing adventure of the next month. love you Amy. trusting that you see or hear Him more in your time away. Enjoy!! Precious woman, thank you so much for the card this week. Oh such perfect timing and such encouragement. love u, appreciate the kindness as always. xx

Gail  – (June 15, 2011 at 11:39 PM)  

Hey Babes, so happy to read you here! Can't wait to hear about your adventures in those amazing destinations - pray that you get loads of enjoyment and R & R in too!! I can't believe it's that time for M3. She is still too squishy to be put into uniform. I won't have it!! I will blink back tears for you.

You are awesome. You know that right?xx

Morning T  – (June 16, 2011 at 6:19 AM)  

Hi Amy- I wish you well on your trip and can't wait to hear all about it when you return. I'm off to explore more of your fabulous blog!!
xo~
T

Simoney  – (June 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM)  

Oh Amy what an amazing life you are living!!
And now off to the UK & FRANCE!?!?
WOW.
Lope that candle returns to being one-ended soon.
BEAUTIFUL images and words as always my lovely poetic freind.
xx

Penny  – (June 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM)  

Wow Amy, life sounds so good for you! Have a wonderful time away. Can't believe your littlie is kind of going to school!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP