Mum's the Word

Someone special has been in our guest room for a couple of weeks.


She returned home today, and we are feeling the loss,
for there is no-one quite like your mum.

She was an absolute hoot, up for anything and bubbling with energy.

She licked a few things into shape, including the dog, who learned to walk obediently and gained a few well needed pounds under her nurturing eye.
While I was away in Cambodia, she quietly completed the war effort in toilet training M3, which is now fait accompli. THANK GOD.
Plus she babysat the M&M's while Greg and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary,
away for a night in a proper grownups hotel.
Priceless.

We absolutely wrung the most out of each and every day,
and now she can fully picture the world we live in,
just as I can picture hers.

But my world won't be quite the same for a while,
without her here in it.

Miss you Mum xx

Kelly Sauer  – (April 3, 2011 at 2:20 AM)  

Oh I just love this. I have tears in my eyes. So much special!

Gail  – (April 3, 2011 at 2:54 PM)  

She sounds like a wonderful Mummy and grandparent. So pleased she was able to go and spend valuable time with you all!xx

Penny  – (April 3, 2011 at 3:30 PM)  

two words spring to mind when Mums leave- not.fair.

Mum –   – (April 5, 2011 at 6:02 AM)  

What can I say except i'm so blessed from being with you and thank you for the most precious time!
I valued every minute and I love and miss you too! xoxoxo

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP