Shockwaves

In my sorrow for the darling of New Zealand, these images out of them all, brought it keenly home for me. I felt my arms go heavy with the weight of remembrance, and was pierced with the hollow fear of being helpless in the wait for certainty.

This pair of beautiful children with quietly exhausted faces, fingers clutching sleeves, hood up, tousled hair and reddened eyes were waiting on the grass, near the rubble, for news of their trapped mother.



Here is just after they were told that there was no hope.


The mother in me is grieving. The child in me mourns too.

God defend New Zealand.

Cat  – (February 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM)  

heart wrenching....
words are not enough
so I echo your words Amy
God defend New Zealand!

love and light

Simoney  – (February 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM)  

Oh I never saw that picture; I spotted those two on the green waiting, and wondered who they were hoping for. I am so sad for them. Just keep getting tears as i watch the footage. Some tears for the tragedy. Other tears for the increible braveness and beauty that is coming out in people.
Words fail.

Penny  – (February 24, 2011 at 12:20 AM)  

that has made my whole body shiver, such grief, no hollywood moment can ever hope to capture what raw grief is really like.

May the look on their faces remind us of the power of our role as mothers.

Cassandra Frear  – (February 24, 2011 at 5:05 AM)  

Heart-rending.

He weeps with us, while some questions remain unanswered until the end of time.

---

Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.” When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in his spirit and greatly troubled. And he said, “Where have you laid him?” They said to him, “Lord, come and see.” Jesus wept. So the Jews said, “See how he loved him!” But some of them said, “Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man also have kept this man from dying?” (John 11)

Sarah - Red Gingham  – (February 24, 2011 at 8:09 AM)  

Oh that's tragic for them! I didn't know the outcome. I can't imagine how sad life will now be for them and so many others. Let's hope there are still some miracles to come.

Penny  – (February 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM)  

I am so heart sore for these two. And they're two of many.
Praying praying praying

Shell in your Pocket  – (February 24, 2011 at 2:25 PM)  

Those pictures are just heart wrenching!!!

sandy toe

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP