Embrace

It has been raining cats and dogs in Singapore,


literally hours and hours of torrential showers,


the footpaths have become even more treacherously slippery -
I buy another umbrella
and new havaianas with fresh grip

and say hello again to routine, friends and expat life.


I eat properly, exercise,
breathe calmly and try to embrace what engulfs me.


My M2 baby has been very poorly with tonsillitis.

Embrace.


Quiet time is few and far between -

But extra special when it happens.

Embrace.


It is dark outdoors at midday -

I light a candle, switch on a lamp.

Embrace.


It's actually really lovely, you know?


There is a softness in it,

the Embrace.

Sj  – (February 1, 2011 at 11:01 PM)  

Love it how you are using those moments my friend. the weather pattern sounds like my time in Queensland! Sorry your gal is bed-ridden. Each night these past few weeks i've breathed in the scent of that beautiful candle-in-lantern. it is to die for! That scent always leads me to think of u xx

Brigitte  – (February 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM)  

A beautiful post Amy - a reminder to me to make the most of all the moments given, especially the quiet ones! X

Lyns  – (February 5, 2011 at 9:36 AM)  

love that you are embracing what life throws at you. Hope your girl is on the mend xx

Kelly Sauer  – (February 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM)  

this just leaves me calm. lovely, Amy. Lovely.

Cassandra Frear  – (February 6, 2011 at 5:15 AM)  

Your writing always takes me away.

A home far away  – (February 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM)  

Yep finally the sun is back!
Hugs
Gunilla

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP