Ballerina Lollipop

This little girl is like a delicious gobstopper lolly.

Layers of jaw-aching sweetness.


One of my highlights is spending one-on-one time with her at a cafe over a baby-chino.



Although trying to scrub her artwork off the floors has to come a close second.



I am just so blessed by her creativity.


Now that I think of it, her refusal to eat dinner and disobedient jumping on the couch, flinging her head back and shattering the glass of this picture does also compete for the Fab Time awards.


But I must confess, it was Tuesday's little dash to the ER to get her stomach pumped that really took the cake I think. Her rebellious over-indulgence in a bottle of chewable multi-vitamin tablets took our relationship to enchanting new heights. That was an excellent day.


However, finding her cheerfully entangled in irreplaceable cassette tapes from my childhood was another shot of sheer love that took care of the following day.


Ah, this child.

She is beauty, and mischief



in one dynamic package.


Her end of year preschool show, held at the auspicious Raffles Hotel, complete with ballroom and chocolate fountain, chefs in white hats and acrobatics
was a completely necessary and breath-taking event on Friday.


For it allowed us to sit back and be reminded


to keep licking a sense of humour
and holding the disasters up to the light
to watch the sparkles


as we are drenched in joyful delight


from her latest creative antics.


Clearly, Santa is not to be trusted when you are 3.


She edged close enough to snaffle the gift and gap it.


She dropped her marshmallow on the grubby passageway floor and then ate it gleefully.

But I didn't mind.


I kept looking through my lens and snapping,


gathering up the memories,


and smiling as I slept.


For I know I will miss this when she is lanky, grumpy and cranking her i-pod to distressingly high decibel levels, chewing gum and leaving her impossibly hard maths homework to the last minute. I adore my other offspring too, please don't get me wrong.

They just don't stop me mid-sentence when all I hear is silence.
I don't rush to find them as soon as they leave the room
and they don't DARE touch my makeup.



I am writing this post for myself to read in the future weeks/month/years of parental adrenalin fatigue to distract myself from repeatedly banging my head against the wall, or rocking back and forth deliriously in a corner.

Sarah @ Catching the Magic  – (December 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM)  

She is so beautiful! And your photographs capture her so well. Wow! What a fire cracker! My middle child is a lot like that - though we've not had quite the dramatic events that you've experienced (perhaps my youngest has that stored up... Argh!). I love the way you end this post, with her beautiful show and savoring the good. Fab post and wishing you a disaster free, but fun Christmas! X

Anonymous –   – (December 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM)  

So... tiny-big-girl is more like a notsotiny-big-girl! Wow- she looks beautiful. Hope she didn't rip up little tree or there will be trouble. Xx.

Gifts of Serendipity  – (December 13, 2010 at 9:26 PM)  

Amy, you are a true teacher of life.

This is such a heart-warming read and I love your wisdom shared in the last paragraph.

May you haven-space be filled with many memorable moments of the best breath-taking kind,

Felicity x

Sammy  – (December 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM)  

Thank you for the reminder for me as I spent the day dealing with vomit and toddler tantrums! Ahhh, good times indeed xxx

RockWallaby  – (December 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM)  

Amy, that was a beautiful post.
As my babies grow I understand how important it is to remember the 'special' moments. You seem a little more understanding than I ever was about doodles on the floor or walls! Hope you're enjoying the lead-up to Christmas!
Fiona.

Simoney  – (December 13, 2010 at 9:58 PM)  

Amazing Ames! So beautiful and SO get where you're coming from. xx

Sj  – (December 13, 2010 at 10:08 PM)  

I love this post! I laughed a lot enjoying your sense of humour and your blatant choice to enjoy those tough moments or at least find grace to laugh. What a precious gift you are and what a precious one you have.
love u my friend

Kelly Sauer  – (December 14, 2010 at 2:46 AM)  

Sigh... Thank you. I needed this, because my three-year-old is... a lot like yours.

Beautiful.

Cat  – (December 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM)  

beautiful post Amy....as usual
so true

ps love your hair cut!

love and light

MNM's  – (December 14, 2010 at 8:22 AM)  

Oh golly Amy, you've been blessed with a pint-sized little rocket! I imagine 'in the moment' its not always easy to maintain one's composure, but this is a beautiful post of memories, and even the 'bad' retold so wonderfully that as you say in years to come you can look back and smile (even if it is through gritted teeth!).

Lyns  – (December 14, 2010 at 8:23 AM)  

She is beautiful! Got to love the challenges that go with having a little one...glad you are smiling your way through it.
x

Lissa  – (December 22, 2010 at 6:21 AM)  

oh the joys of child raising! What a little dolly.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP