Wednesday Wonder

I am in a state of stupendous parental bewilderment.


They didn't tell me that a mere 4000 days into being a new mother
that my baby would look like this.

They say, enjoy it dearie, it goes so fast.

They don't say you won't feel it passing until it's too late
and has already long happened.

And that you become thick witted as a parent of smart, young people
not necessarily because you are stupid,
but because you are still still gobsmacked and reeling
in a delighted and despairing way.

Cassandra Frear  – (October 27, 2010 at 12:06 PM)  

She's maturing early like I did. Men thought I was 21 when I was only 13 and asked me out on dates, developed crushes on me, and later were very embarrassed to learn my age.

She still needs you, even if she doesn't act like it. But you knew that already, I'm sure.

Widge  – (October 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM)  

4000 days! really? is that all?? I have an 11 year old too. It's crazy how fast those days have gone...

Widge  – (October 27, 2010 at 1:00 PM)  

and I'm pretty sure just by looking at that pic your stunning girl is taller than me! :)

MNM's  – (October 27, 2010 at 2:23 PM)  

Oh my! 4,000 days doesn't sound like many at all...! A mental note to self to not wish away any days whilst I wait for that next milestone (like talking and walking) as before I know it, I'll be in walking in your shoes. :-)

PaisleyJade  – (October 27, 2010 at 4:16 PM)  

Haha - I'm hearing you! My 11 year old is looking 15+ and it is so scary and fun and exciting and scary!!!

Sarah  – (October 27, 2010 at 8:33 PM)  

Oh my! So funny and scary! It sure is hot in Singapore! I can just picture myself in your shoes in a few year's time saying, 'Do you remember her cute chubby baby legs toddling along dear?!' to my hubbie. We have 3 girls!

Angela Noelle of SK  – (October 28, 2010 at 3:27 PM)  

I want to cry now. My 1-year-old is asleep on me...time-freeze anyone? Just for a year or two?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP