Summer Scarf


In Kiwi-land, I used to hang with my mommy-friends at the park in boots and scarves,
in my wear-every-day Glassons cardigans,
and sip hot coffee at a cafe and watch the steam huff against cold windows.



Here it is so different.

Here it is no different.




Perhaps not at a park to frolic and cavort in the autumn leaves
and no boots, tights or thermals,



but we meet all the same,

and spill life.


And although I am still being a mole at heart,
there is a part of me that is out in the sunshine,
filling my head and hands with the splendor of brightness.


I wrap myself in the light,
like it's this season's new scarf,
cashmere cerise and kelly stripes.


and if the light was liquid
I would become a cookie and not care about anything
but being dunked in it.



Blista –   – (October 11, 2010 at 10:34 PM)  

Mmm looks delicious from over here in non-jandal wearing land!
Cookies are yum. You should probably just become one. Xx.

Gail  – (October 12, 2010 at 10:12 AM)  

Yay that you are getting out there and sharing your awesome, beautiful self with others!

If you were here, you would be layering up those thermals and chucking on a fur coat too. It's FREEZING.

Love the photos as always!x

Sj  – (October 12, 2010 at 9:53 PM)  

lucious pictures and lucious thoughts.
proud amy, you are a precious one with your bling bling jandals.
love u xx

paige  – (October 13, 2010 at 12:08 AM)  

you share your heart with such bravery. YOU have much to offer out there to this big old world.
go shine my friend
dunked cookie & all
xo

Simoney  – (October 13, 2010 at 7:32 PM)  

Oh my.
What a poet you are.
that last line was so delicious.
xx

Kim  – (October 15, 2010 at 3:13 AM)  

so excited about finding your beautiful blog
love the line:
it is SO different
it is NO different
that speaks volumes to this american expat in hong kong!
blessings,
kim

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP