Window View


Prompted, I took a look. Then opened my studio windows wide onto the late afternoon air, thick with humidity and leaned against the ledge.


Ochre tiled rooftops low against glass and concrete towers that rise into the hazy sky surround me. Black grey birds with yellow legs and beaks are jauntily stealing scraps from someone's kitchen wastebins. They pipe, chatter and screech. Someone is hammering. The air conditioners whir on the neighboring walls. I can hear children splashing in a nearby pool. Distant traffic. Construction poles tumbling. A motorbike idling. Kitchen clatterings from the homes behind ours.

I study the dying curls of a palm. The shades of green of the trees along the narrow street we live on.

And turn away - still seeing but not feeling. Hearing, but the sounds are unfamiliar and hold no memory.

Someone fills a bucket with rushing tap water. I close the windows as rain now dots the rooftops below me.

My cursor blinks at me. I blink back.

Where are we?


Cassandra Frear  – (September 10, 2010 at 11:16 PM)  

Love this. It's so very PRESENT. I'm there with you friend. Cup of tea? What's your favorite blend?

We should have our chat very soon. We are heading out of town today, but I'll be back next week!

Kelly Langner Sauer  – (September 11, 2010 at 1:15 AM)  

you leave me sighing. this is beautifully honest. He is here too; He is the same... Waiting with you.

Gail  – (September 11, 2010 at 8:37 AM)  

Still praying for you hon. Almost one term down over there for you. Hang in there. I want to say "it will get easier" but I don't know what it's like to walk in your shoes.

I do know where the author of peace, love and "home" lives though aye?
love to you xx

RockWallaby  – (September 11, 2010 at 10:31 AM)  

Remember Amy, the view that matters most is from the outside looking in. The view that encompasses your husband and three beautiful girls.

Simoney  – (September 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM)  

Ahhhhh
{{{hugs}}}

BIG Squishy mama hugs
xxx

Sammy  – (September 15, 2010 at 2:37 PM)  

Hi Amy, thinking of you and praying for you. Pray that you find your centre of balance soon xxx

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP