If loving is deliberate -

- then let me count the ways:

fragrant air, like breath on my neck

cool rain beyond open doors and windows

creamy orchids on the table

ceiling fans whirring

glasses full of ice and tea

nights that are starlit and balmy

palm leaf shadows

thunderstorm rumbles

sparkly sandals

chilled mango and papaya with yoghurt and muesli

candy striped icy pops

sweaty little brows and dusty toes

It is an unwilling seduction. For once I melt and give all my heart, how will I uproot again in such a short time? Poets and artists should never be relocated willy-nilly. Their window view is their canvas, their front door becomes a portal. Location becomes inspiration and roots of the soul stretch beyond the concrete of the walls. Smells, sights and textures are meshed into the fabric of practicality. They are not sensible people. They are feelers. The mere way the light enters a room can change their entire perspective.

I am beginning to take things in. It is Powerful wearing a blanket of Pretty. It is like being unbearably hot at the seaside, and dabbling in the shallows. Every fibre is pulling for the feel of wholeheartedly leaping into the coolness of the water. But, your straight-laced part reminds you that you have inappropriate apparel, or how it will look when you get out, with mascara tracks and straggling wet hair. You push/me/pull/you internally. Let's go into the water. No, stay dry and comfortable.

Eventually you leave dry with regret, or a wet mess with uncomfortable satisfaction.

I think I might want to jump in.


G –   – (September 7, 2010 at 2:07 AM)  

Take my hand. Let's jump together.

Gail  – (September 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM)  

Oh Ames, your photos are just so amazing, I can feel the pull from here!

Let yourself enjoy it! This IS the day! And keep snapping and writing through it all!

Cat  – (September 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM)  

: )

this one makes me smile!

love and light Amy

Sj  – (September 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM)  

so beautiful amy
i love your description of a poetic-type person. it gave me a good glimpse into their minds/heart.
Love u, love the comment 'uncomfortable satisfaction'. emmm.
can you email me (if that's OK) when you have a phone no?! i've been researching!
love love to you guys

Simoney  – (September 12, 2010 at 6:05 PM)  

Love this.
BEautiful.
You are actually getting more poetic since you've been in singapore.
It's poetic but so clear. So vibrant, not flowery.
I love it.
I can almost smell the picture you paint.
xx

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP