So Over the Colour Blue

Colbolt. Periwinkle. Navy. Powder. Sky. Steel. Denim. Cornflower.

No matter which way I hold up the kaleidescope of today, I only see shades of blue.

Tiny bricks of frustration balance on top of each other to create levels in My Big Blue House. Otherwise known as Grumpy Me.

Demolition party? Paint the blue into something else? Add yellow? Green would be nice. Add red? Purple is not my favourite colour but perhaps would be a great improvement.

Or, if I cannot mix a new hue, what can I appreciate from what I have?

A bright sky.
A great pair of jeans.
Cute eyecolour.
Cookie monster.
Sapphires.
The ocean.

Nothing there garners my interest except maybe cookie monster and only if he'll share.

Simoney  – (August 23, 2010 at 2:43 PM)  

ohhh man. sad 4 u.
hope cookie monster's cookies are not gluten free cos they are pretty un-yummy
xxxx

Anonymous –   – (August 23, 2010 at 3:47 PM)  

Hello 'Bear in the Big Blue House'!

Duckegg duvet cover?
Blueberries?
Robins eggs?
Icing on a cupcake?
Blue satin sashes?
English boy band?
Scarves?
The stapler on my desk?
Blue lovebirds?
Sequin covered head band?
Chunky mugs for cuppas?

Pretty sure if 'miss you' had a colour it'd be blue.

-Lil Blista Xx

Gail  – (August 23, 2010 at 8:33 PM)  

I'm loving your Lil Blista there.

Blue - calming, refreshing, crispy... glistens.

Smurfette was pretty.

Bluebirds sing beautifully.

Blue Hydrangeas are one of my most favourite flowers....

Blue willow pattern plates.... I love eating of them.

Baby blue eyes..... can get lost in them.

Clear blue skies..... you can see God's breath on them.....

That chick on Willy Wonkers swelled up like a blueberry and had to be rolled out.... one of my favourite parts in the original movie.

Perhaps new blue-coloured lenses, my dear.
They'd go well with those hot jeans of yours.

Blue goes well with yellow - maybe a few yellow daffs or sunflowers.

Love to you.
God loves you. He's the one standing next to you... dressed in blue.

Sammy  – (August 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM)  

Here's a big hug coming over the sea to you- shut your eyes and imagine a splash of pastel pink, an ice cream sundae hue, the colour of a blushing rose....there you go! A hug xxxx

p. –   – (August 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM)  

blue. i love it, its my favourite colour. your house sounds like my idea of a dream home, every room a shade of blue? i'd love it.

p

PaisleyJade  – (August 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM)  

Beautiful - I always love your writing! (even if it's blue)

Thanks so much for your comment about Israel as well - it was such a moving experience.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP