Retail therapy

This week,

I have been doing a little shopping.

Without a budget.

Sheer unadulterated extravagance.

Elastic, grace-filled purse strings

that found me standing in awe

in front of dazzling showroom

of priceless handcrafted pieces.

Come – let me show you a glimpse from my purchased observations:

017 I nearly fell over when these sapphire eyes appeared in my scope of vision;022

And I stared at this brilliant enamelled craft disbelievingly,

023 and surveyed the abundant scattering of this bling, becoming even more breathless

024

when I saw dimpled porcelain arms meeting curtsey clutching. 020

I watched a zesty Rockstar,who shakes the solitaire of this world,

to make the gold dust fly out;    028

and felt the drops of liquid platinum love erupting

to remind me of how I feel when I see these three,

  040

and smiled in wonder at how incredible a custom design they can’t help but make on the world,

just by existing. 

 

035

This stunning one catches elegant by the fistful and flings it into facets of poetry, 

030

 and this one crafts strands of adventure from the bright sparkles of a joyful moment. 044

And in this shady showroom

I sat in the steamy heat,

ignoring for a time my tarnished collections of old grief

while being bedazzled by the clean, sweet richness of this,

the gift of a personal display of Life.

Cassandra Frear  – (August 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM)  

Lovely. I hope you are adjusting to your new home and getting stronger every day.

Simoney  – (August 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM)  

Beautiful Amy. Just beautiful.
xx

Lisa  – (August 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM)  

What a perfect perspective. No material thing has greater value than these.

Deidra  – (August 13, 2010 at 10:58 AM)  

I absolutely adore this post! Absolutely!
The words.
The photos.
What a shopping spree you've had!
Splendid and sacred.

You're shining here in this place!

Marilyn  – (August 13, 2010 at 1:44 PM)  

Best shopping in the world! Wonderful photos! Followed Deidra's tweet here.

Mindy M. Harris  – (August 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM)  

another poet! hooray, hooray! i'm so glad i found you.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP