catching threads

I am incredibly privileged

to know and love dearly,

an army of women whose

lives are like ribbons woven through my own.

463

Irreplaceable heart-sisters,

some besties, some kindred spirits,

some real kin, some second mummies to my babies.

All warm, trustworthy and beautiful girls

who have opened heart and home

to me.

001

Some I said goodbye to,

Some we knew we would ‘see’ each other around in blog-form,

Some I never got the chance to say goodbye to, in the flurry,

and others I curled up in a heap after they left and cried like

I might never stop.

137

Some farewells we celebrated out with dinner,

or a last day of hanging out together,

some we whispered surreal phone endings, well, I’ll talk to you soon,

some we just looked at each other,

past tear-glazed eyes into the pocket of the soul

sweeping a million memories into a sliding door,

letting flimsy words fall through a glass crack.

To all of you.

Your threads emboss a walkway of my heart,

where I pass often.

096

It must be a part of the grieving process

to stop and gather up the trailing strings.

And when I purposefully sit down and capture my thoughts of all of you,

each a different colour and texture,

I weave you back into the cloth of my today.

058

Thank you for being,

all of you,

exactly who you are.

You have become a part of me.

Sammy  – (August 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM)  

Hi Amy-girl. Pray that you settle and find your own step once more. I have no doubt that you and your family will thrive in your new beautiful space. We just have to work out how to organise a blog-girl trip to where you are!

Simoney  – (August 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM)  

Oh Amy, this is beautiful!
You always have a place here in our hearts too... and we are only not weeping because we get to travel to where you are on your words, and through your pictures.
xx

A home far away  – (August 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM)  

Hi Amy! Welcome to Singapore, I am sure you will love it here....eventually:).

I would love to have a coffe with you and do some camera talk, I just need to cure my cold first, but later this week maybe?

If you have any questions regarding livning here, please let me know!
Hugs Gunilla

Gail  – (August 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM)  

I'm missing you.
I'm so glad I got to hang and clean with you that last Thurs. It was a gift to me - to spend those few moments with such a beautiful, wise, real woman.... even in the midst of the chaos of packing and moving, you were still imparting and shining light in my dimming corner. Thank you.
Will see you soon. (Prophetically speaking).xx

Heather  – (August 10, 2010 at 4:03 AM)  

I know I don't know you, but I just wanted to let you know that you have a beautiful way with words. The images you created with your text definitely resonate for me, tugged at my throat with the recognition of this feeling you describe.

Thank you for this.

Deidra  – (August 10, 2010 at 4:49 AM)  

Beautiful...

I know leaving.
I know saying goodbye and how it can break your heart. I've known each of the farewells you've shared.

A friend of mine told me to grieve well. To soak up all of it. There is goodness in the sadness, too.

Peace to you.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP