fellow travellers

Did you know you entered with me?

007 

Received the same nod of dimpled welcome,

an identical tilt of acknowledgement?

006

Oh, there was so much to say, my friend,

so much to share,

but instead we breathed between the words

and light consumed the palette of our conversation;

a thousand shades of bone and slate.

056

We rambled along prisms of culture,

085053

a dignified kaleidoscope of shade and sun,

094099

we tasted bowls of Katong rapture,

  080

and then fed our eyes once more

on soft glossy swirls

109

  and windows of tinted enchantment,012

You and me, we gazed on pattern, form and texture,

traced both porcelain and pewter,

    001 098

and wrapped ourselves in the double cloak of imagery and reality,

linking the sights to the words to the sounds to the thoughts.

   013

This was our adventure,

you came too, although you did not perhaps know it.

You sat amongst the lists, hung on every question

and nodded at each insightful remark.

You walked school halls and met teachers,

peered through windows, entered homes.

You marched grocery aisles looking for pieces of home,

drank jasmine tea with me and sat in the sun at Starbucks.

You simply held me steady when

the bigness of it all got greedy

and I felt like I was gasping and afraid.

So, thank you my readers – friends in a family of words - for your prayers.

===

And do, please come with me again?

We leave next week -

till then,

I’ll see you in the boxes :)

Cassandra Frear  – (July 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM)  

Gorgeous photos. Absolutely gorgeous. I am so with you in my heart. So with you.

Cat  – (July 20, 2010 at 5:56 AM)  

walking this out with you...
a beautiful post Amy....
as usual

Lyns  – (July 20, 2010 at 8:11 AM)  

Beautiful Amy. Funny, we move to your neighbourhood at the end of next week. Big move for us...not quite as big an adventure that you are embarking on though xx

RockWallaby  – (July 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM)  

Absolutely beautiful photos Amy.
Can't wait to share more of your adventures and see more of your new 'home'.... Fiona.

Simoney  – (July 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM)  

Amy! My heart nearly stopped when i saw this post... I thought for one awful second you had left already and I didn't get to hug you goodbye!! Or seeyalater, which i prefer.
Sammy suggested a last (?) blogegrs coffee/dessrt night... would you have a spare minute for that? Or I could come and bring coffee and muffins and help with the packing one day.
Luv Simone
xx

A home far away  – (July 20, 2010 at 6:34 PM)  

Hi Amy! Thank you for your nice comments on my blog and thank you for making my day! I am so happy that you like Singapore, a place that a truly call home:)

If you have any questions regarding your new home, please contact me and I will try to help!

Hugs Gunilla now in Sweden:)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP