limbo dancing

May 2010 386We are a global family.

We don’t just have one national anthem,

we carry the heart of many songs.

Our children identify with home and abroad,

we have roots that span the continents.

My husband works for a global oil company,

which means my career as an oil wife

has a great deal to do with refining the process

of shifting and re-settling.

Yet it still catches me by surprise, the uncertainty, the wondering. 

The knowing that there is a meeting room in Asia

where people I don’t know, shuffle our future,

moving my husband’s name around like a jigsaw piece,

unaware of the domino effect that tumbles down the line.

Leaving schools, packing toys into storage. Finding home in the new.

And I sit in the middle, helpless to influence the outcome.

But feeling calm.  Because it is part of what I do, and embracing each uncertain moment is like absorbing the impact of natural extension.

And if we find out that nothing changes, then begins The Grounding.

That deliberate journey of choosing belonging; to a community, a village.

In the meantime, I do the limbo, asking for grace to bring flexibility.

Saying to the One who upholds, shelters and shields us;

plant us where you want us.  i choose to trust you.

Simoney  – (June 10, 2010 at 10:53 PM)  

Ooh. I'm crossing fingers and PRAYING you don't have to go anyway :(

Cat  – (June 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM)  

nicely written Amy...I pray for a community-a village for you...
love and light

Gail  – (June 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM)  

I hear what you're saying Ames... I'd like to be greedy and hold on tight and say "No, you belong here with us in Auckland :)"... but His plans are bigger than ours. Trusting him, whether in Limbo or grounded... it's the key.

What i will say, however, is that you do belong, you do have the village... whether you are grounded here or somewhere else... you've imparted so much in a lot of lives... your community and village can be global... and local. Where ever you go - we will be with you. And the beauty of cyberspace... it can happen faster than telegrams and more visually than praying in the shadows (which we will still do!)
x How are those little people going? Mine... not so great. But like you said in your previous post... I can't complain.

Cassandra Frear  – (June 16, 2010 at 6:02 AM)  

Love the new header here. Reminds me, oh yeah, it's winter somewhere.

How interesting this must be -- to live in so many places. But hard, too.

I love to travel.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP