Feeling the love...

Out of the blue yesterday, there was a knock at the door.

This sweet angel stood there.

With these...

...and this...


For hours afterwards, I marvelled at her stunning gesture of love in this basket of generous bounty. So unexpected! And so much fun to unpack and enjoy. Thank you so much my friend.

Later, someone else knocked and carried in a hot home-cooked meal.

My little family have been very helpful, and I have received beautiful cards, kind texts, phone calls, offers to clean and others have come and taken Mishal off for several mornings in a row. It has been quite incredible.
I am astounded at how much the body can heal in two short weeks. I have gone from wincing with each breath to being able to potter about quite comfortably and wear my jeans again (obviously not the silly tight ones). Fatigue and trembling after activity seems to be my next hurdle to overcome but then again, I do realise that it is early on in the piece.
I am fully my own worst enemy, preferring to clean the bath (carefully), bake (assembling ingredients while kneeling on the kitchen floor) or sew Royal Ball costumes (sitting on the carpet, using my hand to push the foot pedal) rather than rest but the pay off is better. Each busy day means a couple of quiet days have to follow, but being able to contribute occasionally and reassure my babies that life will get back to the normal they knew, is worth it.
Lest my mother and mother-in-law are tempted to disapprove, let me reassure you both that despite how it sounds, I promise I am being good. In between little jobs, I return to my spot on the couch where I recline and contemplate my next move ;)

Simoney  – (May 19, 2010 at 11:28 AM)  

Awwwww! Awesome! You be blessed my lovely friend. Much love.
xxx

count it all joy  – (May 19, 2010 at 3:02 PM)  

Oh, that Simoney...she's a blessing isn't she? I'm so sorry I've not been able to keep up with recent events re your surgery. I've just read the last few posts and, as always, I am inspired and in awe of your beautiful writing on faith, life and resilience. Thank you so much for sharing your perspective....it's a window of blessing in my day. Meredy xo.
p.s. I'm send you a cinnamon smelling {{{hug}}}

Cat  – (May 19, 2010 at 3:32 PM)  

Well it is just like I told her a few days ago
Simoney you are lovely
and yes she is!!!
It does not surprise me that there is an out pouring of love doming your way Amy
I pray for healing of your mind body and soul and I see bright things ahead for you
snow capped mountains
walks in fields full of wild flowers and
a country road leading you to peaceful pastures
love and light

sarah  – (May 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM)  

I'm so glad you are recovering. And I pray your spirit is recovering too.

Sj  – (May 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM)  

what a lovely and fun post Amy. I love your admitting to doing 'stuff' but the achievement you've spoken of too - being able to recline on that couch! well done my friend. so pleased to hear of the good things that are happening. love always xx

Widge  – (May 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM)  

Oh wow!!! I had tears prickling my eye balls while checking out all those goodies. So so so pleased you were blessed by such a beautiful hearted friend. You absolutely ROCK Simone!

Amy you are so right about our bodies healing so amazingly quickly. I've had to have caesareans for all my births (which pale in comparison to your surgery)even still, I was amazed at the time how each day my body felt 100 times better than the previous.

Praying for you.

Erin  – (May 20, 2010 at 2:18 PM)  

I had your last blog post up for ages, intending to comment...
You give me bravery for what I am about to face.
Your missives are a gift from God as I contemplate how I want to "be" through all of this. How HE wants me to "be."
I love you!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP