Shattered


A freak gust of wind has made our patio a nest of glass vipers, again. It is not pretty and my fingertips are tender from almost the almost microscopic shards that have powdered the garden and frustrated my attempts to clean up. It has happened in the midst of an intense week. But it has got me thinking.


What blows me over repeatedly?


What freakish storm blows and drags my shelter away and with it the stability of my world?


What explosive, unexpected thoughts disrupt my table of provision and my place to safely host others?


We have been sitting at this table alot lately. Big decisions, little chats, life/death stuff and artwork, tipped over juice, therapy with others and just plain old fun. Suddenly its not there anymore and in its place is a danger zone.


I shake my head to clear it.


Sometimes the beautiful, sturdy, wonderful things that give us refuge splinter into a thousand pieces.


Sometimes we can't fix them ourselves.


Sometimes we call our husbands and make it clear that this is a job for the professionals.


And, nearly always, we need to get the structure that has been smashed, repaired or replaced.
And it nearly always takes time and costs us.



But at the end of it all, we can learn not to choose a glass topped table but rather replace it with a wooden one. We learn to faithfully keep the umbrella closed and safe when not in use. We express gratitude that we are covered with insurance.

We are bound to get hurt, the world is profoundly broken, after all. But the Healer holds us neatly in the space of His palm and we can journey towards healing in spite of the circumstances.

What an amazing never-expiring policy!

Gail  – (March 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM)  

He does hold us.

Sorry about your table my dear.
Thinking of you!x

sarah  – (March 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM)  

Oh no! But you turned it into such beautiful wisdom ...

paige  – (March 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM)  

oh amy ....i too have had a week where my thoughts have just about taken me under

you have such wisdom
& you are so gifted with your words

my daughter emi wore the bracelet from you today
i just thought of you this very morning

blessings to you dear friend

Cat  – (March 26, 2010 at 7:53 PM)  

I like that policy.......
i need that policy.....
love and light for your weekend Amy

Simoney  – (March 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM)  

Wow, that is pretty freakish, Amy. I like the thoughts you've had though. Good stuff.
x

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP