The Perks

Such a fun treat, after all that oohing and aaahing as Matilda the gorilla at Mainly Music, to skive off to my new favourite cafe (in the world) with the famous and lovely Simone, torn away from working on her book. Sadly I left my camera-proper at home, but having a clever phone meant there was no excuse not to capture the moment.



1911 I tell ya. It's divine to sit and drink a cuppa in such gracious old bones.

And to be called The Library? Even better. Shelves of books in one room, with leather chairs, and toys and high kiddie chairs in the other. Flexibility meets history.

And Simone and I had a giggle at the fact no-one would believe us that these muffins were sugar-free... honest.

Lovely, thanks S. Sorry Mishal was such a grump, she began to feel worse as the afternoon progressed, really hope we haven't passed any bugs onto Scrag!

sarah  – (March 18, 2010 at 6:31 AM)  

what a lovely place. I hope Mishal feels better soon.

Gail  – (March 18, 2010 at 1:33 PM)  

Definitely a great place to go! Love what you do with a cellphone camera :)

Cat  – (March 18, 2010 at 7:00 PM)  

fun!
oh a good cafe with a good friend
does it get any better than that????

Simoney  – (March 18, 2010 at 7:36 PM)  

Eeeh that photo of me!! I'd better HOPE those muffins are sugar free, cause my arms look like telephone poles! x
(but It was lovely wasn't it??)

Manda  – (March 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM)  

I would have a cuppa in those old bones too... looks marvellous.

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 7:17 PM)  

love it

Penny –   – (March 22, 2010 at 7:20 PM)  

Hey Amy, great to chat today, the anon above was me, it disappeared before I had chance to write my name. I loved this cafe, it was where Gina took me when I was in Akld, if it was in my neighbourhood i'd be there always. penny.

Widge  – (March 23, 2010 at 7:07 PM)  

mmmmmmm LOVE the sound and look of this place!

Widge  – (March 23, 2010 at 7:09 PM)  

I haven't stopped following you btw, you are still a fave on my blog roll just eliminating my reader posts from double ups :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP