Glimpses of Home

Flylady talks about hot-spots.

But sometimes I walk through my home, in search of the heart-spots.

Little places or things that remind me where I am, who I am. So valuable when I feel overwhelmed by the mundane or am walking through grief, the simple beauty when focused on, lifts my countenance.

The weariness slips off, comfort returns and nurture rises. We find rest, all of us, in this haven. And when there is a knock at the door, as there often is, we invite in to share this safe place that is not just ours. The salesman trying to sell newspaper subscriptions one evening finds himself sitting at the kitchen bench next to a homeworking kid and watching a daddy make dinner. The electricity company salesman sits at the dining room table and watches us pack our groceries away into the pantry. Couples come and flop on the couch and we talk about what marriage is really going to be like how fantastic marriage is. Friendships are born and grow as we do life in this safe place, our home, and it is a kind of good that has surprised and delighted me.

Thanks to Emily at Chatting at the Sky for this kind of linky, it is heart-food.

megs  – (March 13, 2010 at 9:21 AM)  

i love your post and your picture. thanks for sharing.

Dirty Hands-Beautiful Life  – (March 14, 2010 at 7:41 AM)  

L-O-ve your photo. L-O-ve your perspective.
L-O-ve these links that let us "have coffee" with women all around the world!

dirtyhands-beautifullife.blogspot.com

melissa  – (March 15, 2010 at 7:00 AM)  

girl...i didn't even get past your profile blurb without getting goosebumps...you're a great writer! and now, it's confirmed, after reading your "glimpse" post..i'll be back again. ;)

LoveCompanion  – (March 20, 2010 at 2:41 PM)  

I love this!
But sometimes I walk through my home, in search of the heart-spots.
thanks,
Jenn

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP