I am always...

very low in iron.
Sometimes walking from one end of the house to the other exhausts me.
Getting out of bed is a huge effort some days,
it's like when you lie in the bath and let the water run out around you,
heavy limbed and impossibly light at the same time.
My brain is foggy and soupy. Too many people talking to me at once blows a fuse.
I move like I am wearing a wetsuit, flippers and goggles, very slowly.
Despite years and years of tablets, and nasty injections,
it is still the same.
And. I. Am. Over. It.
Ok, grumble over. Back to staring at the wall and eating steak and spinach.
Photo credit - Veer

Traci Michele  – (February 11, 2010 at 10:50 AM)  

I should get my iron tested. Have you got your Vitamin D level checked? I did and I was super deficient !!

Hugs,
Traci

Sammy  – (February 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM)  

I agree with Traci. My docs are in Epsom called the Holistic Medical Centre and they will send you for a ton of bloodwork and see if any of your levels are low. I was low in Vit D and zinc and felt 500 times better after I started on suppliments.

Amy  – (February 11, 2010 at 2:15 PM)  

They are my doctors too :) and I have been on Vit D and other supplements for a year now. The issues are slightly more complicated than just raising levels, I have a couple of conditions that make things tricky. But we are in the process now of taking things to the next step. My arms are pincushions :)

Gail  – (February 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM)  

Oh Ames. I don't think I have it nearly as bad as you, but can relate. My body doesn't store iron, so am low all the time. I'm supposed to eat/drink/take lots of Vit c to help.

Hope and pray that you will find the right solution! It can't be fun at all.

sarah  – (February 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM)  

You have my sympathy. I'm chronically anemic too. And the medication is problematic. It doesn't help that I try to tolerate the thought of meat but can only really cope with it when its hidden in a hamburger. I wish you luck in getting this solved.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP