Thoughts on Hope



A very dear kindred spirit's post on one of my favourite quotes of this year has prompted me to fulfill my months old intention of sharing my own thoughts on these words.

In a definingly bleak moment a number of months ago, spoken through tears of empathy, a praying friend said these words in the howling midnight of my storm. My girl, let hope rise.

Wobbling insecurely on the knobbly twig-edged nest of disappointment, I painted out the words I did not feel. Shuffling frail feathers and kneeling over the canvas, uttering the letters as they formed under my brush tip, in the absense of answers.
A noise caught my attention, a rustling. I peered out from the gloom towards the lightening sky with goosebumps puckering the skin of my vulnerability. But a rushing wind swooped past, and in the surprise I lost balance and toppled out. Into the slipstream of strong wing-beats I found myself tumbling, and without thinking my wings suddenly unfolded.

Hope became a current.

I have just kept wings outstretched.

The sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings.

It is possible that hope might, just maybe, be my favourite word this year. For it is the complete, tender opposite to what reason tells us is the truth.

count it all joy  – (December 12, 2009 at 11:19 AM)  

Amy..beautiful girl. I've just read this post and the posts from the past week. I don't really know what to say except that I'm in awe of your honesty and your exquisite writing, borne from your faith perspective. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you are indeed soaring on the wings of hope..or as from Isaiah 40:31...

"but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

Meredy xo.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP