Shepherds saw him first...

This month is crazy, add a move into the mix, and I am seriously beginning to unravel at the edges.


But today the Lord has still been my Shepherd. I have not been in want.


He has still made me lie down in green pastures, despite of my tendancy to run between jobs and clock-hands, and sit bowed at my sewing machine, whizzing up mermaid frills and birthday presents; wiping baby faces, listening to little voices utter worries, hang washing, sweep up spilt sugar, iron pleats in crushed netball skirts.



In the midst of recipes, sick kids, ringing phone, bulging appointment book and spilled paint,
He has led me beside quiet waters.



He restores my soul, in the hinge and see-saw of big decisions, I know He sees it all.


He guides me in paths of righteousness, even though I get stumped by which direction to go in.


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, despite how the circumstances threaten and my lack of headspace tricks me into feeling small and powerless.



You are with me. On the merry-go-round of motherhood, the weighty cycle building of young people's lives, the careful words, the nourishment of emotion, of food, of nurture.
In the fields of drought and provision, of covenant, of blessing; in the frantic incessant nature of life as we know it. You are here. Above it all.


And I have to actually stop to see it. Put down the dishcloth, the appointment book, the phone.

Walk in. Rest. Drink it all in.


He's here. Can I make room? Or will I be too full up and miss Him, like the inn?
Too chaotic to notice the Son?



I will make room. Today. Now.
Will you?

PaisleyJade  – (December 9, 2009 at 6:35 PM)  

Oh that is so good - and so perfect for me right now.

I often get to a point every day where I can hardly cope and then I realise why... I haven't been making room in 'my inn' and getting my peace from Him.

Thanks for the reminder... and those photo's are beautiful!

Cat  – (December 9, 2009 at 7:38 PM)  

Yes
I will make room
inspiring and true to life
He restores my soul.....
love and light to you!

Cassandra Frear  – (December 10, 2009 at 3:50 AM)  

Yes.

And I notice that He has made room for me -- made it long ago. He's been waiting. My room is ready. How good it is to come home.

Simoney  – (December 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM)  

Beautiful Amy. And what an amazing place you get to live in. I can't wait to come over :) xxx

Simoney  – (December 10, 2009 at 12:58 PM)  

Hahaha... my verification word on that last comment was "stabl"
funny!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP