Fresh Moment


The crammed diary splattered with coffee is old news.
But a pocket of refreshment came in the year-end celebration of our young mum's group.
I love this sense of community, this village raising our children together. Watching two dear friends coach Mishal down the fireman's pole became a profound moment for me. Other's hands reaching out to support, carry and say we're doing life together.

The reason we do what we do sprang into fresh focus for me. The formative and foundational efforts to turn love into a working machine that grows into the factory of society.
The care and nurture of our young is what brings us all into this fabric of motherhood, together. Because even though we don't always get it, we are all unconciously training the leaders of tomorrow's boardrooms, classrooms and theatre rooms. And the diary pages bulging with school visits, secret santa trysts, christmas shows, late night shopping, sewing pageant costumes, prizegivings, and class party days are all part of it. Those pages are the proof that we construct our lifestyles around provision of life.
And although the above sounds cliche and obvious, I admit to frequently being blind to the bigger picture. I confess to staring sadly into the bottom of an empty coffee cup because it means I am meant to be swinging back into action, much to the disgust of my muscles and aching brain. Eyeing the fridge, oven and grocery list, the rolls of wrapping paper and the unmade beds, the sticky windows and the crumby floor makes my internal hard drive freeze.
I forget why I exist.
And then a day like that happens and I remember. And my limbs move of their own accord, to facilitate and express the joy of this season, so that my future generation changers will be able to do the same for theirs.


Simoney  – (December 17, 2009 at 7:48 PM)  

today I totally relate to your "muscles aching" and the drudge of the everyday; I wish I could have a burst of energy from SOMEWHERE :(
Glad you had a lovely time and were invigorated/refreshed :)

Sarah  – (December 17, 2009 at 11:50 PM)  

Oh, Amy, that is soooooo beautiful. I so enjoyed this. The first photograph had me hooked and your words brought forth everything I was thinking as I looked at the photographs.

Jenny  – (December 18, 2009 at 4:23 AM)  

Hi Amy, I am really enjoying your blog and want to pass on an award to you. You can see it by visiting my blog, Southern Institute for Domestic Arts and Crafts. Have a great weekend!

Cat  – (December 18, 2009 at 5:51 AM)  

great pictures Amy...really lovely
and your words are soft and true...
blessings
C

kanishk  – (December 27, 2009 at 6:42 AM)  

Glad you had a lovely time and were invigorated/refreshed :)

Work from home India

amisha  – (March 13, 2010 at 6:11 AM)  

Glad you had a lovely time and were invigorated/refreshed :)
grow taller 4 idiots

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP