Blessed

My late habit of typing out my thanksgivings has been sideswiped by lack of internet connection, a family holiday and moving house. But in my heart I have carried those thoughts, and they have whispered from my lips in the still places. Cradled on the lap of gratitude, my actions have grown to embrace the new, and contentment is often nearby.

I am still surrounded by many of these, but I am full of gratitude for the walls of a sturdy home, unlike many who live in cardboard cities. So thankful that these boxes are full of stuff, stuff I am thankful to have. Clothes, toys, art gear, dishes, books and food. So many, so, so many people have not enough to call their own to even cover the bottom of one of my boxes. And we moved like, a hundred. Blessed.

An open door, a home. Come in it says. Be blessed.

Warmth, comfort, rest. Be blessed.

The twinkle of this joyous season. Be blessed.

A gathering place. A meeting space to eat, talk and create. Be blessed.

Windows frame the world, clean air, wide greenery. Be blessed.

The time for beauty. Oh, be blessed.



Blossom of seeds, planted dark in winter's bite, now a tangle of fragrant petals. Be so blessed.


I am blessed.

Dawn  – (December 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM)  

Beautiful thoughts, beautiful home, beautiful post. So happy for you!

sarah  – (December 5, 2009 at 4:12 PM)  

and you bless us by sharing such beauty.

Megs  – (December 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM)  

Your home looks so beautiful, such a blessing, as are your posts, your photos, your words.
Merry Christmas xxx

Widge  – (December 5, 2009 at 6:38 PM)  

I love your table and chairs and green cabinet!!!

Cat  – (December 6, 2009 at 9:45 AM)  

lovely.....yes we are so blessed!

Simoney  – (December 6, 2009 at 10:31 AM)  

Oh wow Amy, it looks so gorgous! I can't wait to come over! This week??? xx

Gail  – (December 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM)  

It looks just gorgeous Amy!

Amy  – (December 7, 2009 at 11:14 AM)  

Funny how choosing what to focus and report on influences our view. It's a very humble home, I have just let my lens reflect the places I rest my eyes on with joy. The sun, the garden, the sum of tiny parts, for me has overwhelmed the ordinary whole. You would laugh to see the extent of true chaos!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP