Tiny bits

For you Cat, I fought the toddler off the candy pile. Whereas I can't rightly claim to have posted it yet, I can truthfully say that it is sitting in a bag at the door, waiting for an errand's trip. I also cannot claim to really like anything I am sending you, beside the tiny magic elf. But my children chose with me and insisted that these portray an average kiwi family's familiar favourites. I hope you and yours enjoy...

Meanwhile, bags of lollies aside, I am living in a cardboard galaxy.
Packing does funny things to my head, and although a part of me enjoys sorting and organising and placing items together and bundling them up, another, bigger part, doesn't.
Especially when the marker pens are dry and scratchy and don't give satisfying black letters of inventory. And when the packing tape twists repeatedly due to a lack of dispenser, and when small child keeps stealing the scissors, and when I turn my back for a SECOND, and same child writes on furniture/climbs onto the tabletop/runs away/tips out the washing powder/sets the oven timer/opens the fridge/pours out the bubble mixture/smooshes her iceblock into the carpeted stairs. Perhaps the greatest, most alarming travesty is her continual mixing up of the toys: barbies, pollies, sylvanians, littlest pet shops and tea sets. This is serious peoples. I cannot move a huge muckup of mis-matched stuff. She also has a terrible cold and feels most unwell, bringing me the syringe and demanding medicine.
Tonight my big girl has her end of year social dance. Life is whistling by... is it possible I have such distinguished offspring?
Yesterday, on an outing to buy her a shrug to wear over her formal dress, she stopped me as we were leaving the car.
'Mum! Did you realise you were wearing that jersey out in public?'
I spun round and took in my reflection on the side of the car.
'Sorry babe, didn't really think it was that bad.'
"Mum.' said firmly, slightly incredulous that I would dare to flaunt with fashion disaster in a banned outfit, 'I'm sorry, but you are going to have to leave it in the car.'
'But it's cold,' I protested, pulling the sides of the shabby wool together.
She shot me a look. One that said 'Wear that cardigan and die.'
I took it off and threw it into the backseat. And for the following hour walked around sucking in the evidence of what the missing cardigan would have concealed. And shivering.
And secretly smiling. She is so right. And I love having kids that tell me when things are just not cool and don't worry about offending me.

Cassandra Frear  – (November 20, 2009 at 2:58 PM)  

Funny. I never had girls to tell me such things. Nor sisters either. I had four brothers and I was the only girl in the family.

Carmen  – (November 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM)  

Just stopping by as fellow candy-x-changer and FRESH photographer, Carmen from Canada. Hi Amy! Looks like we have loads in common. & love your header!

Dawn  – (November 20, 2009 at 10:00 PM)  

I love it! Why are you moving again?? Still in the same town? Wish you'd move back down this way so I could meet you in person. :)

Gail  – (November 20, 2009 at 10:31 PM)  

Oh your girls are so cool! I'm looking forward to that stage (but not wishing it to happen too quickly!)

I can feel your packing pain - the mixed up toys would drive me insane! I would have to sort and regroup before packing!

Hope it's all going well.
Gx

Cat  – (November 21, 2009 at 7:09 AM)  

Oh Amy *smile*!! Thanks for the candy pics...my boys...and that would be all of them-including hubby are already drooling!!!
Thanks for doing that during this busy time.
I will let you know what they think of it over here...you don't have a tough audience so I am sure it will be all good!!
Love and Light

PS Carmen above is a girlfriend of mine and she is right to say you have a lot in common..you should definitely drop by her Fresh Blog when you have a moment...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP