Heart of the Issue

Yes, I realised belatedly that I had missed the post where I announced we were moving. My apologies for that.

As some of you might remember, moving up to Auckland was fairly difficult for me. I can say a year on though, that it has been a wonderful place to live and was just what we needed, I was merely blind to this at the time. I am so relieved that God allows us to mutter and moan but still pushes on in His plan despite our tantrums! The home we have lived in this past year was found in a tight spot, where we had a matter of days to leave our apartment and needed somewhere urgently. Although we originally had no intention of living North of Auckland, again, God knew better and we have enjoyed living over the harbour bridge and being a part of this laid back community. The children's school has been excellent and to all intents and purposes, one might wonder why we are moving on.

Hard to say really. The point came when I returned from Tonga and turned to Greg in the car on the way home from the airport and said out of the blue "we need to move to the heart of the issue." And he looked at me and laughed, saying those exact words had come to him during the week. Neither of us are sure why, but we both felt a prompting, and whereas we could have reasoned it out logistically as a bad idea, we decided in our true fashion to push the door, so to speak.

The house we have found is one I think I have been to in my dreams, unlike the current one. As an artist, and after a few experiences as a child that left me feeling like the world had broken, it is very important to me where I live. This desire of course has been surrendered many times, and will be again no doubt in the future, but for now, for whatever reason, the door is open to a place that wraps its arms around me with welcome. It is a home.

Possibly the most special element is the outlook, as this new house is set on the edge of a green farm park in the city of Auckland. Beyond the garden fence, fields lie. For a girl who literally sets up camp in Psalm 23 at times, green pastures speak to me in a profound way and I completely delight in them. Also, to the part of me that grew up on a farm in the savannah, a spacious place is profound and every hemmed in house has me itching for a visual stretch.

The house is an unpretentious typical kiwi family home, four bedrooms with hardwood floors (no more mess on carpets), and white roses in the garden. I will post pictures when we are in, this time next week. Greg, who has commuted lengthy distances to work for over a dozen years, will for the first time, be within walking distance to the office should he every choose to leave his beloved car in the garage. And the schools in the area are highly thought of. But as there will be three more weeks left to our NZ school year when we move, I will drive the children back to the North Shore for school each day. This is not a pleasant thought, but will at least allow them the honour of seeing out what has been a year of challenge and reward, right to the end.

Funnily enough, it turns out after we had signed the lease, that this location is dead centre on a map of the city.

The very heart.

sarah  – (November 21, 2009 at 8:22 AM)  

Congratulations. That is a beautiful location and I can't imagine you being anything but blissfully happy there. I certainly hope that is true! Many blessings to your family.

Gail  – (November 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM)  

You make me smile Amy! I have a house that is in my dreams ....... we're definitely not living in it. Yet. I hold out that one day God will help us make it happen!

Yay, talk about close! The bands that play in the summer series at the Rotunda - great for that picnic lunch after church.
We take the kids there for bike rides too.

I went back to your old post - intrigued about the wood kitchen hahaha. I need a photo.

OK chick. will catch you tonight??? I'm having "what to wear" issues.

Gx

PaisleyJade  – (November 21, 2009 at 9:13 AM)  

God is amazing! The new home sounds wonderful - I love our wooden floors and green grassy outlook too. Very excited for you all.

Dawn  – (November 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM)  

God is so abounding in generosity towards us. I'm so happy for you! I'm dreaming of a new "old" farmhouse with a wrap-around front porch and views of green from every window. . . may not live there til heaven though. I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Erin  – (November 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM)  

Hoping to see photos of all your favorite parts soon.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP