Carry Light

I have missed you. Your arms of words, letters of love, your blogs.

But the time apart did me no harm, and while away with family in Fiji last week, I walked along the beach at dawn one morning before the babes awoke.

The beauty around me was astounding, cliche perhaps, admittedly, but breathtaking none the less. We breathed, me and God, in and out, and my toes dimpled the grains that He counts.


And as His rose of gold rode higher into the morning sky, the infinity of Creation swept over me and a fresh realisation fell upon my faltering steps of burdened motherhood, my broken places, my murmuring lips.


The first thing God spoke into existence was beyond the capture of scales and deftly slips beyond the measure of man.

Candle-flicker for time-worn traveller and chasing away of darkness for the watchman, the mother, the soldier, the prisoner, the dreamer.
Spilling into battlefield trenches, through the glass squares of homestead panes and filling cups of mountain and pasture, it is very the paint of shadows. Smudging dustclouds to sunset, setting the ocean to fire, by its very nature it reveals and illuminates, bringing life and growth.
Re-tracing my steps along the shore with eyes closed to the glow, the backpack of motherhood and the responsibilty fatigues of mental combat began to dissolve. Light will do that you know; melt our heavy stiff shells and bathe us with brillance till we are swept up in the dance along the water's edge.

And the source of this miraculous dazzling hope?
Gossamer pages of words tell me He is my everlasting light, the very same one who covers himself with it like a garment, the heavens a curtain.
\
Simple brillance - confoundingly and magnificently weight-free.


And there unfolds this astonishingly profound mystery. We are designed to actually carry this full but weightless life, this light, this spill of gold, fresh from the very face of God.
Like Mary. A mother. Carrying the kingdom of light in her very self.

sarah  – (November 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM)  

wow, stunning photos.

may God bless you always.

Gail  – (November 17, 2009 at 5:06 PM)  

beautiful. Welcome back my friend!

Simoney  – (November 17, 2009 at 7:31 PM)  

Welcome back Amy. This post just gave me the chills. The nice fuzzy kind. x

Cat  – (November 17, 2009 at 7:56 PM)  

your words and photos are beautiful....I know that place to be true...thanks for the reminder.

on another note, I was hoping to connect with you for the GREAT CANDY EXCHANGE...really is there any easy way to slide from topic of Carrying Light to Candy????? lol
you can contact me at catscorner@telus.net.....thanx Amy

Sj  – (November 17, 2009 at 10:30 PM)  

hi Amy, love your photos and what you allow God to keep doing in and through you. I love it that i get a glimpse of it! catch up soon, so glad you'll be down our way soon, love u xx

Cassandra Frear  – (November 18, 2009 at 12:30 PM)  

In Him is life, and that life is the light of men.

nAncY  – (November 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM)  

i feel relaxed just looking at those images.
wow!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP