1000 Gifts - Glass Peony Plays the Sax



The more I thank, the more I see to be thankful for.
The more I set myself on the path of gratitude, the further from ungratitude I find myself.
This week has been delightful.


79. He came home.


80. He spoiled me ;)

81. I have a house. I got time this week to potter and love on the stuff around me, grateful for the story it tells, the casual, beloved pieces that sit and receive my smiles. I may live in a rental property that is does not 'speak my language' but I am able to make a haven none the less, some place of peace, restoring heart to those who fill my home. My husband walked in from airports, hotel rooms and offices. He walked into birdsong, fragrance and the arms of green, homespun grace and sat suitclad and mute, on the bridge back to home and whole. This is family.




82. For this little chap that the children discovered in the bottom of the garden.

83. For the profound activity of building.

84. For time with my sister and making inspiration boards to lay heart-vision. This now hangs on the wall over my desk and gives me much to rest my eyes on in between the words.

85. For rainwater that my two big girls carried in for me to rinse my hair with. They want to see out how soft and shiny it will be after I'm done. No pressure Mum...

86. For sprigs from the bottom of the house; humble perfume to sit in the sun and fill my senses with the morning.

87. For a place to give voice to both the little and big girls in me. May it always be the sound of truth, and shibboleth, a flow or torrent of life.

This week has been leaping with words such as sweet silk, light and courage; glass, peony and blossom; healing and living. Falling notes from a saxophone, the pages of a great book on love, the warmth of spring. It is a dance and the glory keeps shining off drops in the heart of the bloom.

Heather  – (September 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM)  

"He came home.... family... two big girls... truth... life..." It just doesn't get much better then that~

Our God is *so* good... thank you for these reminders!

Maria  – (September 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM)  

Beautiful photos of beautiful blessings
love the rainwater soft hair rinse ;o)
Giving thanks with you today ~Maria

deb  – (September 29, 2009 at 5:15 AM)  

You just draw a soul right in with your weaving of words and pictures.
Thank you for gifting me with this today.

Deidra  – (September 29, 2009 at 6:05 AM)  

"He came home." Always my favorite.

sarah haliwell  – (September 29, 2009 at 8:44 AM)  

this post took my breath away. there are very few real natural poets in the world (despite what many poets think!) and you are one of them. From the scrumptious header of this piece, through the photographs and beautiful words, to the final five words which summed it all up so perfectly ... exquisite. And the best thing: authentic, radiant with love.

Megs  – (September 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM)  

Another beautiful post.

There is an award for you over at my blog xxxx ( if you are into that kind of thing :) )

Cassandra Frear  – (October 6, 2009 at 8:38 AM)  

Good gifts, all. From the Giver.

Blessings.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP