Rainbows eat Shortbread

This week walking in my field of blessings:

38. Thankful for these soldiers, my pencils. They form rank around my page of uncertainty and whimsy draws battle lines with fanciful respect. Allies in the war of creativity.


39. Thankful that together we marched and met this wee lass. She is in draft form here and beginning to come to light. She is Lady of Courage.


40. Thankful, the soldiers and I, to salute the mission of this gracious flat figure. Her bare head is wrapped under a cap of silk and wild roses, in the absense of the hair that her cancer treatment stole. This paper doll is part of a gift to the daughter of a childhood friend of mine, who is fighting leukemia, and will complete the Princess and the Pea activity I have made of tiny stacked mattresses and a bead.

41. Ridiculously bright stripes and polka dots splashing the girl's room, found on clearance.


42. Walking rainbows that eat Shortbread Men.


43. Maddy's overflow of inspiration from a visiting illustrator to their school. Delicious Mrs Lolly and her friend, Mrs Molly. Such stature! And to think they know such talented milliners, and are in possession of such strong necks and pert curls.

44. Curling stems of growth, my sweet pea seeds have sprouted and begun to climb.

45. Bridal ruffles in my ornamental kale that flaunt their sheer leaf-couture to tickle my fancy.


46. The first strawberry flower. Pollen mound of sunshine in the heart of snow.


47. The provision of nourishing bounty to set before my family, not for one moment taken for granted when so many have nothing.

48. Little Miss Cheeky Chops wins a trophy for gymnastics. Her joy and satisfaction dazzles me.

49. The sharp wit, easy grin and emerging coltish limbs of this my biggest littlie.




Laden is my cornucopia...

sarah  – (August 31, 2009 at 6:36 PM)  

Such beautiful pictures - and words to go along with them.

Widge  – (August 31, 2009 at 6:48 PM)  

indulging in your pictures and words.

Simoney  – (August 31, 2009 at 9:14 PM)  

I love it Amy. And after having spent such a lovely evening with you last week I feel all the more invested in what you write! xx

Traci~ Ordinary Inspirations for the everyday wife, mommy, and homemaker  – (September 1, 2009 at 6:07 AM)  

Beautiful pictures, words, and the "heart of God" behind the author of this blog!

Thanks!
Traci

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience  – (September 1, 2009 at 7:33 AM)  

Oh my.

Amy in New Zealand?
The glory of your God takes away the breath of Ann in Canada.

You see Him. In your words, in your art, in your creativity, in your world.

And I bow down with you...

Thank you... thank you... thank you....

All's grace,
Ann

deb  – (September 3, 2009 at 11:52 AM)  

My eyes fill with wonder , with you, from you,
there is such a beauty here

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP