1000 Gifts - Infirmary

Adding to my list of gratitudes:

19. This dear machine that has worked tirelessly every day drying the never-ending piles of soiled linen and soft toys that are defining this week. I love this machine. It is a good friend.



20. This source of company, humour and encouragement into my kitchen 24 hours a day - Radio Rhema.




21. The uncomplaining nature of this sweet child, couch-ridden again due to another sore throat.

22. This stuff: so clever and such an essential part of my Dr Mummy box as I go from child to child. I am so proud of the person who invented it.


23. What really made me laugh this day were the quirky antics I caught out of the corner of my eye. A flash of pink on the trampoline made me grab my camera and watch this delightful girl of mine. She is frequently bleak with the agonies of being the middle child, but every now and then this amazing streak of independant zaniness pops out and she brings a sense of the ridiculous to our world. I am grateful for that.



24. And then there are these. How grateful I am to be able to care for the tiny person connected to them. I am reminded what a priviledge it really is to love on my children, who I do not need to impress, but through whom I can honour God. They keep it real for me. I am struck today anew that God's love is never wasted - we pour it out on those around us. And they in turn are God's way of showing us His love, and these toes do something to me that I am grateful for. They give me fresh tolerance.


Maria  – (August 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM)  

How absolutely sweet... Simplicity and Beauty
Thank you ~ All the Best,
Maria

beautyinallthings  – (August 11, 2009 at 3:28 PM)  

What a wonderful entry. Thank you for blessing me today with your list!

Cherry Blossom

Gail  – (August 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM)  

Too gorgeous Amy! I am very tempted to start my own 1000!
The trampoline bouncing sleeping bag is too cute! and the toes...just delicious!

deb  – (August 11, 2009 at 4:47 PM)  

this was so beautifully done, honouring the gifts
thank you for sharing

Gail  – (August 11, 2009 at 7:48 PM)  

Hi Amy, just trying to get an email out about coffee... do you want to flick me one on geegeedomdivas@gmail.com and I will forward it to you?

Thanks,
Gail

Pippy  – (August 12, 2009 at 7:34 AM)  

As always, an inspiring delight.

Dad

Simoney  – (August 13, 2009 at 8:48 PM)  

Lovely Amy!! I love this list of yours... I didn't realise you had a series of posts as the image looks the same so I thought it was the same post! I will pay closer attention in future! x

Widge  – (August 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM)  

I love the trampoline pics.
just stopping and observing and appreciating our kids for who they are is something I really need to do more often. thanks for the reminder. your gratefulness is a true inspiration.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP