1000 Gifts


It is late. But I refuse to let this Monday sigh away without bringing to mind the continuation of my 1000 Gifts.

This last week has been set in a battlefield, which I will post about when I can. Combat weary, my Monday tipped me into a new war and I have been trudging through metaphorical shards of broken glass.
Mishal has come down with yet another virus and to this end the Drs sent us off this morning for blood tests to rule out a sinister childhood illness. It was agony for Mishal, who was already ill and my hands shook for four hours afterwards with the tremor of motherhood and terror for what the results might say.
However. Although I do not know tonight what the morning holds, I can still bend my knee at the end of the day and choose to worship. And how better to do that than to utter my gratitude for the blessings around me to a God who is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. Not for what He's done. But for who He is.

6. Cherry Blossom: the first to respond to a secret call to Spring


8. The story of David and Goliath (more to come on this)

9. Wise doctors
10. Oxygen to meet each of my searching breaths

11. Maddy's mile long eyelashes

12. A white metal chair from the second hand store for $5

13. The warmth of Kenzie's smile

14. Life

15. Berries - wine red in my white china bowl

16. The comfort of my pillow and duvet

17. Safety and warmth

18. Embrace
The beats of my heart rattle like caged wings, unsteady and caught. I keep crashing into the bars of my new reality and have to consciously settle myself to not panic and thrash. Hot tears spill from my love for this sweet, sweet child. Greg is away tonight but I have put the big girls in our bed and I will bunk down with Mishal to keep close to her feverish cries.



I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. Ps 4:8

Widge  – (August 3, 2009 at 11:14 PM)  

Praying for you and your family especially your daughter. xo

Gail  – (August 4, 2009 at 12:36 PM)  

Oh Amy, I will also pray. Poor thing. I've had to do the whole blood test thing with Olivia a few times. It is not nice for child nor parent.
Gailxx

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP