Grace

This week's theme is still gentle. Sometimes life for me feels like a freshly shaken snowglobe. I need time and space for things to settle quietly and for my heart to catch up before I am ready to plunge into the fray again. The week has held a valuable lesson for me - in how to trust and how to wait for the settling of snowflakes. Just the words "Come to me" speak volumes.

That delicate scramble of finding hockey forms, lunch money and library books; the challenges of discipline, completing artworks with approaching deadlines, eyeing crumpled shirts waiting politely to be ironed; knowing there is a half-mown lawn as I flooded the motor earlier today, carpets that need vacuuming, meal making and exercise to fit in all whirl together in the melee of family. But all is suspended now while I sit, latte in hand, silent and allowing the flakes to drift to rest.
I cannot lie and say that sometimes the seemingly endless and at times, difficult tasks of motherhood don't threaten to overwhelm me. I do sometimes come unravelled and fail to see the funny side.
But the verse goes on to say "I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

So that's what we're doing - keepin' company with the King. Care to join me?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP