Cradled in Arms

Newborn delight. Longing has been born and beats within a heart. I drink up each love drop as I pore over perfect face. Arms gently press around this small warm comma. Downy hair velvet under lips. Satin skin. Whisper lashes. Contented breaths at total peace. Rosebud mouth. Translucent folded ears. Moon crescents on minature fingernails. Cashew nut feet curled in.
Love. Utterly, profoundly in love. Value and worth incomparable. Peace. The world fades beyond the sweetness cradled in arms. My child.


Jesus, my Saviour, borne out of the essence of this same author of life-love, was introduced to our humanity in such a way. His appearance was in the singular most precious wrapping of all time. It staggers me when I turn my heart to the cross, that this love - so beautiful - was sacrificed for me.
Discern a new reality, identify with the heart of Mary and Joseph, parents and partners in loving this new life first.
Let tears come that we are ourselves are the ones cradled in the arms of the Father and He drinks us in with the delight only a parent has. Our resting form is wholly dependant for nourishment and life and He is full to the brim with the provision of salvation.


The Miracle.

Erin  – (December 25, 2008 at 4:31 AM)  

Let tears come that we are ourselves are the ones cradled in the arms of the Father and He drinks us in with the delight only a parent has.

Amy, this is profoundly moving. You have given me a gift on the eve of Christmas. Weeping eyes and heart. Washing away the tired numbness that often accompanies this season, that sidles up to me in the day-to-day.
Thank you for staying up late to encounter this Child anew, and then staying up even later to express His Gift so poetically.

Wishing you a tender day with Emmanuel today.

Simoney  – (March 4, 2009 at 10:28 AM)  

Wow Amy, I just got the shivers reading this. Beautiful. xx

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP