Hearts

Maddy: Mummy, what does munted mean?

Me: Hmmm, broken probably (internally wondering if munted is a semi-swear word - it sounds so boorish)

Maddy: Did you know my heart is munted?

Me: Silence

Maddy: It has a big crack (she demonstrates by waving a giant zig zag in the air) because I miss Daddy so much.

Me: More silence - i mean what do you say? Mine is too?

She skips away brightly.

Greg  – (August 22, 2008 at 10:01 AM)  

My heart is munted too. Sitting here in a borrowed office on the other side of the world, in the centre of my corporate's universe, with tears welling up in my eyes. I'm fast forwarding in my mind to when I come up the drive, and the girls run out and wrap themselves around me. I can almost feel Maddy's arms squeezed around my neck.

Very. Madly. Deeply.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright - Amy Lynas

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP